Monday, July 16, 2012

New Blog Title and Blueberries

I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog.  My husband thinks my title is way too long, and I think he's probably right.  I've changed it to "The Bluebonnet Patch" (for now).  I'm really not creative when it comes to things like titles. I have a few blueberry bushes I planted last spring and love any of my cookies that have bluebonnets on them, so I saw it fitting to change it to something with Blueberry in the title. 

Here's a picture of my HUGE harvest from last year. Not exactly enough to put up in the freezer or make jelly!  I picked about a handful every day for about 2 weeks last summer.  I was really surprised I picked as many as I did.  This year I picked about two pints.  I am so surprised that they did as well as they did last summer because of the dought.   It seems like the hotter it gets, the sweeter the blueberries.  If it were not so darn hard to plant the silly things I would have a few acres of them.  Our soil is not suitable, acid enough, for blueberries so we (or should I say my husband) has to dig a huge hole and we have to replace the dirt with peat moss and Azalea potting soil.  That reminds me, I need to get some more Azalea dirt and spread it around the blueberry plants this week so it can work down in to the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment